Figs, honey, and apple cider bring all the flavors of fall into one cocktail.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 fresh figs
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups champagne
- 1/2 cup high quality apple cider
- 1 ounce orange liquor
- Slice 8 figs into quarters.
- In a small saucepan, stir in the honey, water and figs.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and whisk until the honey is melted and the figs begin to soften. Add the sprigs of thyme and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Pull out the thyme sprigs and remove from heat.
- Use a food processor or immersion blender to blend the honey and figs into a smooth syrup.
- In a small pitcher, combine the champagne, apple cider and orange liquor.
- Add two tablespoons of the fig syrup and stir.
- Pour into two glasses filled with ice and garnish with extra thyme and fig slices.