Elevating a simple hibiscus tea into a fancy sparkling float.
- 6 hibiscus tea bags (1/4 cup dried flowers)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2-4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3.5 cups cold filtered water
- 1 bottle sparking wine
- mint for garnish (optional)
- Bring 1.5 cups of water, honey and agave syrup to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add tea bags and let site for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add remaining cold water.
- Pour the juice into a gallon sized zip lock bag or ice cube trays. Put the bag of juice or ice cube trays flat on a baking sheet in the freezer. Freeze for 2 hours until solid.
- Cut open the bag and break the frozen juice into chunks and put into the bowl of a food processor or strong blender. Process until smooth.
- When the sorbet is smooth, spread it in a metal loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put back in the freezer until firm. If it gets too hard to scoop, take it out and let it soften a bit before serving. Scoop one scoop of sorbet into a glass. Pour sparkling wine over the sorbet. Serve immediately. Garnish with mint (optional).