An easy appetizer to add to your holiday menu.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 tbsp long-grain rice
- 6 cups chicken broth or water
- For Cilantro Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (based on preference)
- pinch of salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, add ground beef along with the onion, green onion, egg, black pepper garlic powder and rice.
- Mix together with your hands. To form meatballs, take a 1 oz of meat and roll into balls with your hand.
- In a large pot, bring broth/water to a boil and then add meatballs.
- Bring broth back to a boil after all the meatballs have been added and boil for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove meatball from broth. Set aside until cool enough to handle and then gently insert lollipop stick in center of meatball.
- Next make the Cilantro Yogurt Dipping Sauce, combine yogurt, cream, cilantro, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix together.
- To serve- add a teaspoon of Cilantro Crema Dipping Sauce to bottom of dish and place the Albondigas Lollipop directly on the sauce.