Spice up your Brussels sprouts!
Brussels Sprouts con Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chorizo, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook chorizo in olive oil until crispy.
- Add shallots and chili powder. Continue to cook until shallots are tender.
- Stir in shredded Brussels sprouts and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock to deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to cook off the stock.
- Season with lemon juice, salt to taste, and garnish with Marcona almonds.