Skip to content
- 15 apples
- 15 twigs or craft sticks
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 12 drops red food coloring
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Insert sticks into whole apples.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook to 260ºF, then slightly turn down heat until reaches 300ºF.
- Check if candy is ready by dropping a small amount of syrup into cold water, forming hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in 12 drops of red dye.
- Holding apple by its stick, quickly dip in syrup.
- Place on greased cookie sheets to harden.