Whether you are planning a party or a weeknight dinner, sliders will never disappoint a crowd.
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, membrane and seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 18 buns, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 18 slices pepper jack cheese
- homemade pico de gallo
- 3 avocados, sliced
- In a food safe plastic bag, mix together lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, olive oil, honey, red wine vinegar, cumin, pepper, and salt.
- Add the steak to the bag filled with marinade. Squish the steak around in the bag to move the marinade all over the meat. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Grill the steak until medium or desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest. Thinly slice the meat.
- When ready to serve turn oven on to 375F, assemble the sliced buns onto a cookie sheet. Spread butter onto both sides of the buns.
- Layer with a piece of pepper Jack cheese and steak. Leave the buns open face and toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes allowing the cheese to melt. Remove from oven.
- Spoon pico de gallo and sliced avocado on top.
- Close and secure with a pick.