Elevate and spice up your mashed potatoes with jalapeños, cheese, and bacon.
Cheesy Jalapeño Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 tablespoons butter, reserved
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeño
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 5 strips bacon cooked. chopped
- Add potatoes to a large pot. Cover with water and heat over high heat, boil for about 20 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 7 tablespoons butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt.
- Mix with a potato masher or for creamier potatoes use a hand or stand mixer. Stir in jalapeño. Add 1 cup cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the dish. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- In a small saucepan add the tablespoon of butter and the panko bread crumbs.
- Cook over medium heat until just toasted.
- Sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon and chives. Serve warm and enjoy!