Nachos are a perfect appetizer for any casual gathering. They quickly can be assembled, allowing you to have more time with your guests.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound beef chorizo, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 2 1/2 -3 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced to garnish
- sour cream to garnish
- guacamole to garnish
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in garlic, chorizo, cumin, and salt.
- Cook until the chorizo is browned about 5 minutes.
- Stir in pinto beans.
- In a large, ovenproof platter or in a large baking dish, spread 1 layer of chips.
- Top with a layer of chorizo mixture, enchilada sauce, pico de gallo, cheese, green onions, and jalapeños.
- Repeat with another layer of chips, chorizo mixture, enchilada sauce, pico de gallo, cheese, green onions, and jalapeños.
- Continue to layer ingredients.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the nachos are hot, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.