Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Muffins
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigerated French bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place opened bread dough onto a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, make a small slit to score the dough at the middle point of the roll, so that there are two equal sections. Then score each section again in the middle. Repeat, scoring sections at the halfway point, until 31 slits have been cut in the dough.
- Slice the dough into discs using these score marks as guides.
- Place all the slices on a large sheet of wax or parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Dip each disc of dough into melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Stack 6 pieces of dough on top of each other.
- Slice each stack in half and place both sections cut side down into the muffin tin. Repeat until all cups of the muffin tin are filled. Place muffin tin onto a large rimmed cookie sheet to catch butter overflow. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes before placing into the oven. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before serving.
Waking up to the smell of cinnamon and sugar baking in the oven is pure heaven.