These are not only delicious but make a great presentation. Kids and adults alike, race to eat them up. Traditionally, they are made with mayonnaise but I lightened it up with crema instead.
- 4 ears white corn
- ½ cup Cojita cheese, finely crumbled
- ½ cup chili powder or Tapatio Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 (8-inch) wood sticks
- 1 recipe Crema
- Remove husks and silk from each ear of corn.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ears of corn.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes until kernels are crisp. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Cut each ear into three pieces, placing a wooden stick into the center.
- Using a plastic spatula, spread crema all around the corn. Coat with cheese.
- Season with chili powder or Tapatio hot sauce to taste.
Tip: When making a large batch, place cheese in a shallow dish and roll the corn in the cheese.
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk heavy cream into sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.