Celebrate corn coming into season with easy & tasty corn fritters.
- 4 ears corn, husked or 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ? cup fine cornmeal
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook corn until slightly charred, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from grill and cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- Stir in the green onions, 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and ¾ cup queso fresco.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining corn kernals, ¼ cup queso fresco, and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Season with salt.
- To cook fritters, heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan, fitting 4-6 fritters per pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown, flipping to cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Repeat and continue until all batter has been cooked.
- To make the crema, in a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, lime juice and cilantro.
- Garnish fritters with corn and cheese topping, crema, green onions, and cilantro.