Healthy and yummy taco bowl.
- 1 pound lean turkey, ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups baby kale and greens mix or other salad
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Creamy avocado dressing
- cilantro to garnish
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add ground turkey. Begin to cook. Before completely brown, stir in onions. Continue to cook turkey and onions until turkey is golden brown and onions are tender.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in can of tomatoes and green chilies with juices. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Season with salt.
- Cook until juices have reduced.
- In a separate pan seasoned with olive oil, sauté or grill bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes until tender. Season with salt.
- In a separate serving bowl, toss baby kale or mixed greens with creamy avocado dressing.
- To serve, place salad greens in bowl, top with cooked ground turkey, bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, and avocado. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with additional cilantro vinaigrette on the side.
- 1/2 avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- Using a food processor or blender, blend together avocado, cilantro, yogurt, green onion, and garlic. Add lime juice.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Thin dressing with milk to desired consistency.