A favorite seasonal salad perfect for the holidays.
Honeycrisp Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium (1 pound) Honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mixed lettuce greens
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- To prepare the vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together apple cider vinegar, apple juice, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Whisk in olive oil until blended. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together apples, lettuce greens, walnuts, cranberries, and cheese. Lightly toss the dressing with the mixed salad greens.
- Keep remaining vinaigrette in the refrigerator up to one week.