If you LOVE cheese and bread like I do, you will want to make this appetizer for every occasion!
Maple Bacon Brie Pull Apart Bread
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup raw pecans chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large wheel of brie cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheets with wire racks.
- Lay bacon in a single layer on the wire racks. Bake bacon for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with maple syrup. Continue to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn bacon, and brush other side with maple syrup. Return to oven and continue to bake until crispy. Set aside.
- Reduce the oven to 350F.
- Slice the bread horizontally and vertically to create 1 inch cubes, being careful not to actually slice all the way through the bread.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter, the pecans and brown sugar.
- Use your hands to mix the butter into the pecans to create a crumble.
- Take the remaining 6 tablespoons butter and insert thin slices into the loaf of bread.
- Place the loaf on a baking sheet and stuff the brie inside the bread, filling in all the spaces in between the cuts. Add the cranberries and pecans.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the brie is melted and gooey. Remove from oven.
- Chop 3 pieces of bacon and sprinkle on top. Reserve the remaining bacon for another day.
- Serve immediately.