Making mason jar salads at the beginning of the week makes it easy and convenient to eat healthy lunches.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 cup Creamy avocado dressing
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1 cup pepitas, toasted or tortilla chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, tossing after 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, pound chicken breasts to a uniform thickness.
- Season with lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Grill chicken on the bbq, stove top, or bake in the oven, turning once, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble, pour a little more than 2 tablespoons creamy avocado dressing into each mason jar, spreading evenly.
- Layer with green onions, black beans, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and spinach.
- Seal and refrigerate until ready to eat. Can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- When ready to serve, add toasted pepitas or tortilla chips for a little crunch.