Want to detox & stay warm! Try this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in halves
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Rustic bread to garnish
- Over medium-high, heat the olive oil in a pot and sauté onions and garlic for one minute.
- Add chili powder.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Stir in can of diced tomatoes with juice, vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar, and basil.
- Bring to boil, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender), purée to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with rustic bread.