A healthy, gluten-free recipe perfect for a weekend brunch.
Sweet Potato Hash with Black Beans and Spinach
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 4 eggs, sunny side up
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and salt. Spread onto a baking sheet. Roast until golden.
- While potatoes are roasting, in a small fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook until tender.
- Stir in black beans, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, and lime juice.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Stir in spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
- Once potatoes are roasted, remove from oven.
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes and bean mixture.
- In the small fry pan, cook eggs. T
- o serve, spoon potato mixture onto plate. Lay egg across the potatoes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with slices of avocado and your favorite salsa.