Prosciutto adds a savory element to these veggies.
Veggie Bundles Wrapped in Proscuitto
- For the Roasted Vegetables
- 1 pound carrots, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 pound parsnips, trimmed and peeled, cut into spears
- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced for additional bundles
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Maple Glaze
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Trim the vegetables to the same size.
- Using three separate bowl, toss vegetables in olive oil. Keeping vegetables in the same group, lay out onto two baking sheets. Season with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they begin to caramelize, but slightly al dente. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While vegetables are cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking all ingredients together in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer until glaze slightly thickens.
- Prepare vegetable bundles. Tie each bundle with prosciutto. Brush glaze over bundles and return to the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes to heat through. Serve warm.