Making my own coffee house drink.
Iced Dulce de Leche Latte
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons dulce de leche
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream for garnish
- cinnamon for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the milk, dulce de leche and vanilla extract.
- Cook until dissolved and the milk is simmering, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour over ice and top with whipped cream a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Hot water
- Adjust oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 425F.
- Open cans and pour the condensed milk into a deep baking dish. Stir in a pinch of salt. Cover tight with aluminum foil. Place baking dish in a roasting pan filled with water.
- Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Check a few times during the baking time and add more hot water to the roasting pan if necessary. Once the dulce de leche is nicely browned, carefully remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, whisk until dulce de leche is smooth.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for at least a month.